Buy the For All Mankind Poster from Amazon
For All Mankind Main Cast
|Joel Kinnaman as Edward Baldwin
|Michael Dorman as Gordo Stevens
|Wrenn Schmidt as Margo Madison
|Jodi Balfour as Ellen Wilson
|Shantel VanSanten as Karen Baldwin
|Cynthy Wu as Kelly Baldwin
|Coral Peña as Aleida Rosales
|Noah Harpster as Bill Strausser
|Sarah Jones as Tracy Stevens
|Casey W. Johnson as Danny Stevens
|Edi Gathegi as Dev Ayesa
|Sonya Walger as Molly Cobb
For All Mankind Merchandise
Click here to check out For All Mankind stuff on Amazon
For All Mankind Trailers and Clips
Click here to check out For All Mankind on YouTube
For All Mankind: Synopsis
"For All Mankind" is an alternate history science fiction television series that explores what might have happened if the global space race had continued after the Soviet Union succeeded in the first manned Moon landing. Set in the 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, the series presents a world where the United States and the Soviet Union remain deeply invested in space exploration.
The show blends historical figures and events with fictional characters and scenarios, creating a rich tapestry of space exploration drama. As the series progresses, it explores the social, cultural, and political ramifications of a prolonged space race, impacting life on Earth. The show features a diverse cast of characters, including astronauts, engineers, and their families, each facing personal and professional challenges.
Through its alternate history narrative, "For All Mankind" delves into themes of ambition, exploration, and the human spirit, imagining a world where space exploration is a central focus of human endeavor. It also touches on issues of gender and race, with the space program becoming more inclusive. The series combines drama, historical revisionism, and a sense of wonder about space exploration, appealing to fans of science fiction and alternate history genres.
- Total number of seasons: 4 (so far)
- Total number of episodes: 40 (so far)
- Date first episode aired: 1 November 2019
- Date final episode aired: -
- Show status: Awaiting renewal confirmation
Season 1 Episodes
- Red Moon - The series premiere sets the stage with the Soviet Union beating the United States to the first manned Moon landing, altering the course of the space race.
- He Built the Saturn V - The United States responds to the Soviet lunar landing, as NASA figures out its next steps in the space race.
- Nixon's Women - Focusing on the inclusion of women in NASA's astronaut program, this episode shows the response to the changing dynamics of the space race.
- Prime Crew - A look into the preparation of astronauts for an important mission, showcasing the personal and professional challenges they face.
- Into the Abyss - This episode delves deeper into the space race, with both personal and political stakes increasing.
- Home Again - Events on Earth and in space intertwine, highlighting the impact of the space race on the astronauts' families.
- Hi Bob - The astronauts face various challenges during their missions, and the episode explores both the humorous and serious sides of life in space.
- Rupture - NASA faces a crisis that threatens the lives of its astronauts, putting the agency's resolve to the test.
- Bent Bird - Tensions escalate both on Earth and in space, with critical decisions affecting the future of the space program.
- A City Upon a Hill - The season finale wraps up the first season's storylines while setting the stage for the continuing space race in this alternate history.
Season 2 Episodes
- Every Little Thing - As tensions rise between the United States and the Soviet Union, NASA prepares for a new mission that could change the course of the space race.
- The Bleeding Edge - NASA introduces an advanced lunar rover, but its deployment on the Moon leads to unexpected challenges.
- Rules of Engagement - The U.S. and Soviet space programs face new political pressures, altering the rules of their competition.
- Pathfinder - The introduction of a new spacecraft, Pathfinder, marks a significant advancement in NASA's capabilities.
- The Weight - The astronauts grapple with personal and professional pressures as the global political climate heats up.
- Best-Laid Plans - A major incident on the Moon leads to a critical mission that tests the astronauts' skills and resilience.
- Don't Be Cruel - The astronauts face intense emotional and ethical dilemmas both on the Moon and back on Earth.
- And Here’s to You - Relationships are tested as the characters struggle with the sacrifices required by the space race.
- Triage - NASA faces a crisis that requires difficult decisions, affecting the future of its lunar missions.
- The Grey - The season finale brings dramatic changes to the space race, setting the stage for further exploration and conflict.
Season 3 Episodes
- Polaris - The new season begins with a focus on Mars, as NASA plans its next major leap in space exploration.
- Game Changer - New players enter the space race, bringing fresh challenges and opportunities to NASA.
- All In - The stakes are raised as the United States and its rivals accelerate their preparations for Mars missions.
- Happy Valley - The astronauts undergo rigorous training for the Mars mission, facing both physical and psychological challenges.
- Seven Minutes of Terror - Tensions reach a peak as a critical phase of the Mars mission approaches.
- New Eden - Surprising discoveries on Mars open new possibilities and dangers for the astronauts.
- Bring It Down - A critical situation on Mars requires quick thinking and bold action from the crew.
- The Sands of Ares - The Mars mission faces unexpected challenges, testing the limits of the astronauts and their equipment.
- Coming Home - As the mission nears its end, the astronauts confront the realities of returning to Earth.
- Stranger in a Strange Land - The season finale explores the long-term impact of the Mars mission on both the astronauts and the space program.
Season 4 Episodes
|Buy Season 4 on DVD |
|Buy Season 4 on Blu-Ray
- Glasnost - Eight years after the events in season 3 a new mission is underway with the ambition to capture an asteroid.
- Have a Nice Sol - NASA is undergoing a lot of changes and new people join the Helios team.
- The Bear Hug - Miles is struggling to make ends meet and a dangerous situation develops for Margo.
- House Divided - Relationships are strained on Mars due to an accident.
- Goldilocks - A new discovery causes a frantic search for answers by people on Mars and on Earth.
- Leningrad - When an international conference takes place, some unlikely alliances are made.
- Crossing the Line - As Margo is struggling with a new mission, extreme actions are taken by a group on Mars.
- Legacy - There are possible consequences for both Earth and Mars when controversial plans are drawn up.
- Brazil - As a significant point in an important mission approaches, things start to go wrong.
- Perestroika - Tensions on both Earth and Mars continue to escalate.