Buy the Daredevil Poster from Amazon
Daredevil Main Cast
|Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock
|Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk
|Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
|Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
|Royce Johnson as Brett Mahoney
|Geoffrey Cantor as Mitchell Ellison
|Jay Ali as Ray Nadeem
|Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle
Click here to check out Daredevil stuff on Amazon
Daredevil Trailers and Clips
Click here to check out Daredevil on YouTube
Daredevil - Synopsis
Daredevil is a Marvel Television series that premiered on Netflix, delving into the life of Matt Murdock, a lawyer by day and vigilante by night in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of New York City. Blinded in a childhood accident that also enhanced his other senses to superhuman levels, Matt struggles to balance his life between his legal career and his quest for justice outside the law.
Matt Murdock and his best friend, Foggy Nelson, start their own law firm, Nelson & Murdock. They take on cases that deal with the underprivileged and the downtrodden, often facing moral dilemmas and ethical challenges. Their path crosses with Karen Page, who becomes their secretary and an integral part of their lives after they defend her in a murder case.
As Daredevil, Matt uses his heightened senses to fight crime. His main antagonist is Wilson Fisk, also known as Kingpin, a powerful businessman and crime lord who has a vision of transforming Hell's Kitchen. Fisk is portrayed as a complex character, with his brutal methods contrasted against his deeply personal reasons for wanting to improve the city.
The series is notable for its dark tone and realistic portrayal of violence, setting it apart from other Marvel superhero narratives. The fight choreography, especially the one-take hallway fight scene in the first season, is widely acclaimed. The narrative explores themes of justice, morality, and the blurred lines between right and wrong.
Matt's struggle is not just against external foes but also an internal one, as he grapples with the morality of his actions as Daredevil. His Catholic faith and relationship with his priest provide a backdrop for exploring these themes. The series also delves into Matt's past, his relationship with his father, a boxer who was killed for refusing to throw a fight, and his training under Stick, a blind martial artist who taught him to harness his abilities.
Daredevil introduces other significant characters from the Marvel universe, like Elektra, a skilled assassin and Matt's love interest, and Frank Castle, also known as the Punisher, an anti-hero with a brutal approach to crime-fighting. Their inclusion adds depth to the narrative, creating compelling moral and physical conflicts for Matt.
Throughout its run, "Daredevil" received critical acclaim for its character development, story arcs, action sequences, and performances, particularly that of Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock and Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk. The show played a key role in setting up the Marvel Netflix universe, which includes other series like "Jessica Jones," "Luke Cage," and "Iron Fist," culminating in the crossover miniseries "The Defenders," where Daredevil teams up with these other Marvel heroes.
The cancellation of "Daredevil" after three seasons was met with disappointment from fans and critics alike, who had praised its maturity and depth in storytelling within the superhero genre.
Daredevil Show Details
- Created by: Drew Goddard
- Total number of seasons: 3
- Total number of episodes: 39
- Date first episode aired: 10 April 2015
- Date final episode aired: 19 October 2018
- Show status: Cancelled
Daredevil Season 1 Episodes
- Into the Ring - Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson open their law firm and take on a case involving a woman accused of murder.
- Cut Man - Murdock makes a near-fatal error while trying to save a kidnapped boy, and flashbacks reveal his father's fate.
- Rabbit in a Snowstorm - Matt and Foggy take on a mysterious wealthy client, but Murdock is convinced there's more to the case than just a legal defense.
- In the Blood - Crime lord Wilson Fisk emerges as an increasing threat in Hell's Kitchen, while Daredevil faces off against the Russian mob.
- World on Fire - Murdock and Foggy's relationship is put to the test, while Fisk simultaneously consolidates his power and plans for the future.
- Condemned - Daredevil is trapped by the police, who are eager to bring him down, while the Russian mob seeks revenge.
- Stick - Murdock is visited by a figure from his past who challenges his mission as Daredevil and reveals troubling secrets.
- Shadows in the Glass - Wilson Fisk’s complex past is explored, revealing the development of his character and motivations.
- Speak of the Devil - Murdock is faced with the moral dilemma of whether to kill or not, as he gets closer to understanding Fisk's operations.
- Nelson v. Murdock - After a devastating injury, Foggy learns of Matt's secret identity, putting their friendship and law firm at risk.
- The Path of the Righteous - Karen and Foggy attempt to protect the firm, while Fisk deals with betrayal and Daredevil hones in on his enemy.
- The Ones We Leave Behind - Murdock and Fisk realize the ramifications of their actions, leading to significant personal losses for both.
- Daredevil - In a climactic battle, Murdock embraces his role as a hero and confronts Fisk, leading to significant changes in Hell's Kitchen.
Daredevil Season 2 Episodes
- Bang - Murdock finds himself in conflict with a violent and mysterious vigilante known as the Punisher.
- Dogs to a Gunfight - Foggy and Karen work to save the firm while Daredevil faces the Punisher, whose campaign of violence escalates.
- New York's Finest - Daredevil is caught in a tense standoff with the Punisher and forced to confront their differing approaches to justice.
- Penny and Dime - Karen uncovers shocking facts about the Punisher, who finds himself hunted by a powerful new adversary.
- Kinbaku - A significant figure from Matt’s past reemerges, revealing surprising insights into his history.
- Regrets Only - Matt and Elektra's actions as vigilantes lead them into a complex web of the criminal underworld.
- Semper Fidelis - Murdock and Foggy take on the Punisher's legal defense while facing mounting tensions in their partnership.
- Guilty as Sin - Matt and Elektra are thrown into further turmoil as secrets about her past are revealed.
- Seven Minutes in Heaven - Fisk returns with a plan that affects the Punisher, while Daredevil makes a startling discovery about the Hand.
- The Man in the Box - Murdock must decide whether to cross lines to stop the Hand, as his alter ego's effectiveness is questioned.
- .380 - Daredevil and his allies face off against an unstoppable force as the Hand's intentions become clear.
- The Dark at the End of the Tunnel - Daredevil is pushed to his limits in a confrontation with the Hand, as secrets are unveiled.
- A Cold Day in Hell's Kitchen - Tensions rise in Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil and his allies make a final stand against the Hand.
Daredevil Season 3 Episodes
- Resurrection - Matt Murdock survives a building collapse, but his Daredevil persona is broken, leading him to seek refuge in a church.
- Please - Struggling with his faith and purpose, Matt confronts a thief with a mysterious connection to his past.
- No Good Deed - Fisk makes a deal with the FBI, shaking up the criminal world and making Murdock question the nature of his fight.
- Blindsided - In a daring prison visit to extract information, Matt finds himself in a dangerous and desperate situation.
- The Perfect Game - Fisk's maneuvers from behind bars start to reveal his grand scheme, while Matt investigates his finances.
- The Devil You Know - As Fisk gains a legal upper hand, Daredevil is pushed into an uneasy alliance with the FBI.
- Aftermath - In the wake of a media storm, Fisk works to consolidate his power, while Matt and his allies face a moral dilemma.
- Upstairs/Downstairs - Murdock and Nadeem discover that the threat is closer than they thought, leading to a confrontation with a dangerous foe.
- Revelations - The full scope of Fisk's influence is revealed, turning allies into enemies and making Matt question who he can trust.
- Karen - Karen Page's troubled past comes to light, providing insight into her connection with Murdock and her motivations.
- Reunion - Matt, Foggy, and Karen reunite to formulate a plan to bring down Fisk, but their differing methods strain their alliance.
- One Last Shot - The trio makes a final attempt to expose Fisk's criminal activities, leading to a climactic confrontation.
- A New Napkin - In the aftermath of their battle with Fisk, Matt, Foggy, and Karen ponder their future, setting a new course for their lives and careers.