Buy the Andromeda Poster from Amazon
Andromeda Main Cast
|Kevin Sorbo as Captain Dylan Hunt
|Lisa Ryder as Beka Valentine
|Laura Bertram as Trance Gemini
|Gordon Michael Woolvett as Seamus Harper
|Lexa Doig as Andromeda Ascendant
|Keith Hamilton Cobb as Tyr Anasazi
|Steve Bacic as Telemachus Rhade
|Brent Stait as Rev Bem
Click here to check out Andromeda stuff on Amazon
Andromeda Trailers and Clips
Click here to check out Andromeda on YouTube
Andromeda - Synopsis
Andromeda is a science fiction TV series that originally aired from 2000 to 2005. The show is set in a distant future where various civilizations are spread across different galaxies. The series is inspired by concepts from the writings of Gene Roddenberry, the creator of "Star Trek."
The central plot revolves around the starship Andromeda Ascendant and its crew. The Andromeda Ascendant is a powerful warship belonging to the Systems Commonwealth, a government that brings peace and prosperity to numerous galaxies. However, the Commonwealth falls into chaos and civil war due to internal and external conflicts.
At the heart of the story is Captain Dylan Hunt, played by Kevin Sorbo, who becomes stranded at the edge of a black hole when the Commonwealth falls. The time dilation effect of the black hole means that while only seconds pass for Hunt, 300 years go by in the outside world. Hunt is eventually rescued, but he finds himself in a universe vastly changed from the one he knew. The Systems Commonwealth has collapsed, and the galaxy is a much more dangerous and chaotic place.
Determined to restore the Commonwealth and its ideals, Hunt gathers a diverse crew aboard the Andromeda. This crew includes Beka Valentine, a savvy and skilled ship's captain; Tyr Anasazi, a genetically engineered warrior; Trance Gemini, a mysterious alien with precognitive abilities; Seamus Harper, a genius engineer; and Rev Bem, a Magog who has adopted a peaceful and spiritual path.
Each episode of Andromeda explores the challenges the crew faces as they encounter different civilizations, confront enemies, and work towards Hunt's vision of restoring the Commonwealth. The series blends action, adventure, and moral dilemmas, often focusing on themes such as leadership, loyalty, and the impact of individual choices on the broader universe.
As the series progresses, it delves into complex story arcs involving time travel, alternate realities, and deep space phenomena. The crew's interactions and relationships evolve, revealing their backstories and personal growth. One of the recurring themes is the tension between Hunt's idealism and the harsh realities of the universe they navigate.
The show is known for its special effects, complex mythology, and the philosophical underpinnings that question the nature of destiny, power, and morality. "Andromeda" also explores the concept of artificial intelligence through the character of Rommie, the ship's AI personified in a humanoid avatar, adding another layer to the narrative.
Despite facing several changes in its cast and creative direction throughout its five-season run, "Andromeda" maintained a dedicated fanbase and is remembered for its ambitious storytelling and exploration of Roddenberry's optimistic vision of the future. The series concluded with a sense of hope and the possibility of a renewed Commonwealth, though many plot threads were left open for interpretation.
Andromeda Show Details
- Created by: Gene Roddenberry, Robert Hewitt Wolfe
- Total number of seasons: 5
- Total number of episodes: 110
- Date first episode aired: 2 October 2000
- Date final episode aired: 13 May 2005
- Show status: Ended
Andromeda Season 1 Episodes
- Under the Night - Captain Dylan Hunt faces betrayal and becomes trapped at the event horizon of a black hole as the Systems Commonwealth collapses.
- An Affirming Flame - Rescued from the black hole, Hunt meets a new crew and battles a Nietzschean fleet while trying to save a space station.
- To Loose the Fateful Lightning - The crew discovers a powerful Commonwealth weapon on a deserted planet and faces a moral dilemma about its use.
- D Minus Zero - The Andromeda faces a mysterious enemy in a series of hit-and-run attacks, testing the crew's resolve and strategies.
- Double Helix - Tyr Anasazi is torn between his Nietzschean heritage and loyalty to the crew during a mission involving his people.
- Angel Dark, Demon Bright - Hunt finds himself in a position to alter history when the Andromeda travels back in time to a pivotal battle.
- The Ties That Blind - The crew encounters a charismatic religious leader with a connection to Beka and a secret agenda.
- The Banks of the Lethe - Hunt attempts to reunite with his lost love using a dangerous method to cross time and space.
- A Rose in the Ashes - Hunt and Tyr are imprisoned on a planet with a harsh penal system, and must fight for survival and justice.
- All Great Neptune's Ocean - A political assassination on the Andromeda sparks tensions, and Tyr is suspected of the crime.
- The Pearls That Were His Eyes - Beka receives a distress call from her estranged uncle, leading to a dangerous encounter with a powerful drug.
- The Mathematics of Tears - Andromeda encounters her sister ship, the Pax Magellanic, which is run by a rogue AI.
- Music of a Distant Drum - Tyr crash-lands on a planet and suffers amnesia, becoming embroiled in local conflicts and politics.
- Harper 2.0 - Harper receives a massive download of information into his brain, making him a target for various factions.
- Forced Perspective - Dylan is captured and put on trial for crimes allegedly committed during his Commonwealth days.
- The Sum of Its Parts - The crew is visited by a robot envoy from a highly advanced, collective intelligence.
- Fear and Loathing in the Milky Way - Trance and Harper are pursued by bounty hunters and uncover a plot involving a rare artifact.
- The Devil Take the Hindmost - Rev Bem is called to help a group of Wayists protect their settlement from slavers.
- The Honey Offering - The Andromeda is tasked with escorting a Nietzschean princess on a diplomatic mission that turns dangerous.
- Star-Crossed - Rommie falls in love with a fellow AI, but their relationship is threatened by external conflicts.
- It Makes a Lovely Light - Beka risks her life and the ship by using a dangerous drug in an attempt to reach her home faster.
- Its Hour Come 'Round at Last - A glitch in Andromeda's systems releases stored personalities from the past, leading to internal conflict and danger.
Andromeda Season 2 Episodes
- The Widening Gyre - The crew faces a fierce battle with the Magog, dealing with both external attacks and internal conflicts.
- Exit Strategies - After escaping the Magog, the crew must navigate through a minefield and deal with the aftermath of their harrowing experience.
- A Heart for Falsehood Framed - A priceless artifact is at the center of a complex heist that tests the crew's integrity and loyalties.
- Pitiless as the Sun - Trance's origins become a focus as the crew investigates mysterious disappearances on a seemingly idyllic planet.
- Last Call at the Broken Hammer - The crew embarks on a rescue mission in a dangerous, war-torn planetary system.
- All Too Human - Tyr leads a risky mission involving an advanced android, raising questions about machine intelligence and ethics.
- Una Salus Victus - Forced to make tough decisions, Dylan faces leadership challenges in a critical battle against the Nietzscheans.
- Home Fires - Dylan discovers a colony from Earth that could change the fate of the new Commonwealth.
- Into the Labyrinth - Harper's secret deal with a mysterious benefactor leads to unexpected and dangerous consequences.
- The Prince - A young prince's leadership is tested, and the crew gets involved in local political intrigue.
- Bunker Hill - The crew aids a rebellion against the oppressive Nietzscheans on Earth, facing both past and present challenges.
- Ouroboros - The crew encounters a temporal anomaly that leads to significant changes, especially for Harper and Trance.
- Lava and Rockets - A routine transport mission turns perilous when the Andromeda is hijacked with a celebrity on board.
- Be All My Sins Remembered - Romance and past relationships complicate a mission involving an old friend and a heist.
- Dance of the Mayflies - A distress call leads the crew to a ship filled with corpses and a dangerous contagion.
- In Heaven Now Are Three - Beka, Dylan, and Trance search for a legendary engine of creation, facing puzzles and trials.
- The Things We Cannot Change - Dylan experiences a dream-like state where he questions his life and choices.
- Fair Unknown - The crew encounters a lost Commonwealth ship with a mysterious crew member who may not be what he seems.
- Belly of the Beast - Andromeda is swallowed by a space creature, leading to a battle for survival from within.
- The Knight, Death, and the Devil - The crew conducts a daring rescue of High Guard ships from a Nietzschean prison camp.
- Immaculate Perception - Tyr deals with revelations about his son and the future of the Nietzschean race.
- Tunnel at the End of the Light - The crew faces a major battle at a drift, marking a turning point in their fight against the Abyss.
Andromeda Season 3 Episodes
- If the Wheel is Fixed - The crew encounters a mysterious alien who has the power to manipulate their reality and perceptions.
- The Shards of Rimni - Dylan is framed for murder and treason, leading the crew on a mission to clear his name and uncover a conspiracy.
- Mad to be Saved - The Andromeda rescues a group of refugees who are escaping from a psychiatric facility, only to discover they may not be who they seem.
- Cui Bono - Beka's con-artist uncle is elected as a Commonwealth Triumvir, drawing the crew into political intrigue.
- The Lone and Level Sands - The crew discovers a lost High Guard ship with a simulation of the Commonwealth's downfall.
- Slipfighter The Dogs of War - Dylan and Rommie undertake a covert mission to destroy a weapons factory in Nietzschean territory.
- The Leper's Kiss - The crew is embroiled in a hunt for a dangerous assassin in a densely populated drift.
- For Whom the Bell Tolls - The Andromeda receives a distress call from a planet that is about to be destroyed by a black hole.
- And Your Heart Will Fly Away - Tyr is confronted by his past when an old love interest reappears with a dangerous agenda.
- The Unconquerable Man - The story is retold from an alternate perspective where Gaheris Rhade is the captain of the Andromeda.
- Delenda Est - The crew battles a fleet of warships from an alternate universe, where the Commonwealth never existed.
- The Dark Backward - Trance's abilities are put to the test when the crew is stuck in a time loop, reliving the same deadly day.
- The Risk-All Point - Dylan makes a controversial decision during a high-stakes battle against the Nietzscheans.
- The Right Horse - Beka's leadership skills are tested when she is trapped on a planet with a group of mercenaries.
- What Happens to a Rev Deferred? - The crew searches for Rev Bem and discovers he has undergone a significant transformation.
- Point of the Spear - The Andromeda leads a fleet against the Pyrians in a critical battle for the new Commonwealth.
- Vault of the Heavens - An ancient artifact leads the crew on a quest that reveals the origins of the Commonwealth.
- Deep Midnight's Voice - Dylan investigates a mysterious signal that may hold the key to defeating the Abyss.
- The Illusion of Majesty - The crew rescues a woman claiming to be a deposed monarch, only to become embroiled in court intrigue.
- Twilight of the Idols - Dylan faces a rebellion within the Commonwealth, leading to a confrontation with an old ally turned adversary.
- Day of Judgement, Day of Wrath - Rhade must confront his past when an old enemy seeks revenge against him and the crew.
- Shadows Cast by a Final Salute - The season finale sees the crew fighting to prevent a civil war within the Commonwealth.
Andromeda Season 4 Episodes
- Answers Given to Questions Never Asked - The crew faces tension with the Collectors, who have a different vision for the new Commonwealth.
- Pieces of Eight - Dylan and the crew encounter space pirates and become involved in a struggle over a valuable treasure.
- Waking the Tyrant's Device - The crew must stop a mad scientist from unleashing a powerful and destructive invention.
- Double or Nothingness - A gamble in a virtual casino leads to a complex adventure in an alternate reality.
- Harper/Delete - Harper faces a crisis when his past creations come back to threaten him and the crew.
- Soon the Nearing Vortex - The crew races against time to stop a catastrophic event that could destroy entire star systems.
- The World Turns All Around Her - Trance's true nature and the mystery of the star Vedran are explored, revealing significant secrets.
- Conduit to Destiny - The Andromeda becomes a battleground for the spiritual future of the Wayists, with Rev Bem's return.
- Machinery of the Mind - The crew faces a new enemy that threatens to control the minds of the entire Commonwealth.
- Exalted Reason, Resplendent Daughter - Dylan is captured by a mysterious alien race and learns about their complex society.
- The Torment, The Release - A quest for a powerful artifact leads to a confrontation with a Nietzschean pride and personal revelations.
- The Spider's Stratagem - The crew must outmaneuver a dangerous adversary who uses cunning strategies to trap them.
- The Warmth of an Invisible Light - Dylan finds himself in an alternate reality where he never commanded the Andromeda.
- The Others - The Andromeda encounters an alien race with a surprising connection to the Commonwealth.
- Fear Burns Down to Ashes - A confrontation with a powerful enemy leads to fears and insecurities being manifested.
- Lost in a Space That Isn't There - The crew unravels a conspiracy that threatens the stability of the Commonwealth and the universe.
- Abridging the Devil's Divide - An ancient artifact leads to a dangerous mission and a moral dilemma for Dylan and the crew.
- Trusting the Gordian Maze - A mysterious maze holds the key to a great power and a greater threat.
- A Symmetry of Imperfection - Rommie's loyalties are tested when an old enemy returns with a tempting offer.
- Time Out of Mind - The crew deals with the consequences of time travel, facing both past and future challenges.
- The Dissonant Interval, Part 1 - As a massive threat looms over the known worlds, the crew prepares for an epic battle.
- The Dissonant Interval, Part 2 - In the season finale, the crew faces overwhelming odds in a fight to save the universe from destruction.
Andromeda Season 5 Episodes
- The Weight, Part 1 - Dylan Hunt finds himself on Seefra-1, a strange world with harsh conditions, and must adapt to his new surroundings.
- The Weight, Part 2 - Dylan continues to navigate the challenges of Seefra-1 and searches for his missing crew.
- Phear Phactor Phenom - Dylan meets a scientist who claims to have a device that can predict the future, leading to unexpected consequences.
- Decay of the Angel - The crew faces a threat from a deteriorating Vedran sun, which could lead to disaster for the entire system.
- The Eschatology of Our Present - Trance is confronted with her own kind, leading to revelations about her past and the future.
- When Goes Around... - The crew encounters a familiar face from their past who is seeking revenge.
- Attempting Screed - The crew must navigate the criminal underworld of Seefra to obtain a vital component for Andromeda's repair.
- So Burn the Untamed Lands - A confrontation with a powerful enemy forces Dylan and the crew to face a dangerous ecological disaster.
- What Will Be Was Not - Trance's actions to save her people have far-reaching effects on the Seefra system and the crew.
- The Test - Dylan is tested by a mysterious stranger who challenges his leadership and decisions.
- Through a Glass Darkly - A look into alternate realities provides insight into the crew's possible futures and the fate of the universe.
- Pride Before the Fall - The power struggle on Seefra escalates, leading to a confrontation with a tyrannical ruler.
- Moonlight Becomes You - A murder mystery unfolds on Seefra, with the crew caught in the middle of the intrigue.
- Past is Prolix - Dylan delves into his past, uncovering hidden truths that impact his present and future.
- The Opposites of Attraction - The crew encounters a strange attractor that affects both the ship and their relationships.
- Saving Light from a Black Sun - A mission to reignite the Vedran sun requires the crew to make significant sacrifices.
- Totaled Recall - After an experiment goes awry, the crew struggles with altered memories and identities.
- Quantum Tractate Delirium - Dylan and the crew face a challenge that could unravel the fabric of reality itself.
- One More Day's Light - The crew battles to save Seefra from an impending apocalypse.
- Chaos and the Stillness of It - The penultimate episode brings the crew to the brink of a final showdown with their greatest enemy.
- The Heart of the Journey, Part 1 - As conflicts reach a climax, the crew prepares for a battle that could determine the fate of the universe.
- The Heart of the Journey, Part 2 - In the series finale, the crew faces their ultimate challenge in a final effort to restore hope to the universe.